In this article, we’ll review the process for setting up email and SMS notifications in Workflows. Not only is sending texts or emails to leads/clients a great way to conveniently and efficiently communicate with them, but also it is a great way to send urgent information and notifications to yourself or your team.
Using email and SMS notifications, you can stay up-to-date with important information on your system, your leads, and your customers. For example, you may want to be notified when an appointment is booked, or a contact Unsubscribes from your communication. These are just a few examples of the many triggering actions you can create an email or SMS notification for within a Workflow.
The example below shows an email notification sent to an assigned user when a new appointment is booked within a particular calendar:
Step 1: Create a Workflow Trigger
- Navigate to Workflows
- Create a new Workflow
- Add a Workflow Trigger – this will be what action triggers the system to fire off the notification(s) you create
- In this example, we’re using a “Customer Booked Appointment” and specifying a certain calendar. You could keep the trigger generic for all calendars, or specify it like this to apply for a certain calendar only.
- Save the Workflow trigger.
Step 2: Create Workflow Actions
- Click the + icon to add an action to the Workflow. You can add one or multiple actions, and customize this completely, however it makes sense for your business needs. This will be the notification(s) you set to occur when the triggering event happens.
- In our example, we’ve selected the “Internal Notification” action.
- Choose the type of notification you wish to send.
- Fill out the details accordingly. In the email notification, choose the from name, from email, to user type, subject, and add your message.
- You can use custom values to customize the message – in our example we’ve used the custom values for the contact name and appointment date/time, so the email the assigned user receives will read like this:
“Cheers! SALLY JONES has booked an appointment with you for MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2022 at 9:00 AM.” The contact details will automatically be filled into the email template.
- Save the action.
- Add any additional Workflow actions you wish to add, using the + icon.
- Save and publish the Workflow.