Inbound Call Routing is the process that happens if a prospect calls back the phone number from a text message or the phone call that they received from your CRM outbound number or a number they found on your website, funnel, etc.
When a campaign sends out text messages or calls the outbound phone number is the phone number that you set up under Settings > Phone.
NOTE: Inbound calls can be forwarded to a cell phone but they cannot be answered in the desktop application. You are able to make outbound calls from the app.
- If you have a Twilio phone number assigned to a user, the inbound call will route to that user, if the lead is assigned to a user.
- If there is not a Twilio phone number assigned to the user, even if the lead is assigned to the user, it will forward to the forwarding number
- If the lead is not assigned to a user, it will then go to the forwarding number.
- If there is no forwarding number setup, then the call will route to the company number.
Step 1: Setting Up Your User Phone
- If the lead is assigned to a user, the call will be forwarded to the User Phone.
- To update the User Phone navigate to Settings > My Staff > Team Management.
- Fill out all the appropriate user information, including the phone number.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Step 2: Setting Up Your Forwarding Number
- If you did assign a Call Forwarding Number but the lead is not assigned to a specific user, the call will be forwarded to the set Call Forwarding Number.
- To update the Call Forwarding Number navigate to Settings > Phone Numbers > Edit > Enter the forwarding number > Update.
Step 3: Setting Up Your Company Phone
- If you did not set up a specific Call Forwarding Number and the lead is not assigned to a specific user, the call will be forwarded to the Company Phone.
- To see which number is in Company Settings, navigate to Settings > Business Info > Company Data, update the phone number.