A Twilio number is a digital phone number that can give you full access to your regular call and message routine. There are a few steps to completing the Twilio setup process.
Step 1: Create a Twilio Account
- Locate your Twilio credentials in Twilio. You can find the Auth Token in the Project Info section of the Console Dashboard page. Your project’s Auth Token is hidden by default, but you can just click “show” to display it.
- Copy the SID and Auth Token. Then, you can submit a ticket to send both the SID and AUTH token in to us, by pasting it in to the ticket, and we will make sure those are configured for you.
Step 2: Get Your Phone Number
- Navigate to Settings > Phone Numbers.
- Click “Add Number”
- Search 3 Digit Area Code (e.g 720, 614, etc.)
- Choose the Number You Want → Save.
NOTE: Some area codes no longer have numbers available. You will need to select a different area code.
Step 3: Setup your Inbound call forwarding.
- Navigate to Settings > My Staff > Team Management.
- Select the User > Edit > Scroll to “Call & Voicemail Settings”.
- Select the Twilio Number from the dropdown.
NOTE: Ensure that in both Phone Number settings and User Settings that call timeout is less than 60 seconds. If you are also assigning a voicemail to the Twilio number, the call timeout will need to be less than 20 seconds.