You can send a payment link to a contact using the “text 2 pay” feature so they can pay you for goods or services. Either the Discussions tab or a specific contact record can be used for this. There will be a button on the available link that they may use to pay you right away. This method of processing payments is excellent and practical. To use the “text 2 pay” feature, simply follow the procedures listed below.
Step 1: Verify that your Stripe account is connected.
- Click on Payments.
- Use Stripe Connect or add your Stripe Secret key. (The preferred solution for security is Stripe Connect.)
- To see if your Stripe account is already connected, go to Settings > Integrations.
Step 2: Create the invoice link.
- To access a contact, you can either go to the Conversations section and select a contact or go to the Contacts section and open a contact’s record.
- Inside the messaging area, you will come across a tiny symbol that resembles a round shape with the dollar symbol in it.
- A popup window will appear that looks like this:
- You can add an item, with a name and cost.
- Click the plus sign to add additional items, or the trashcan icon to delete any you wish to remove.
- You’ll see the total added up under the list of items.
- The invoice number will be automatically generated.
- Next, choose a link expiration date.
- NOTE: The link will expire at midnight.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.
Step 3: Send the SMS message.
- The link will now be created in the SMS draft.
- Add any additional text you wish to include.
- Send your message.