A business can register two phone numbers on Google My Business (GMB) to track calls without affecting SEO. The main business number can be moved to the secondary slot for call tracking and a Twilio number can be added to the first slot using our GMB integration for convenience.
To begin, follow these easy steps:
- Under Settings > Integration, you can see your GMB Configuration, with a toggle for GMB Call Tracking.
- When enabled, a number of actions will take place:
- If the GMB phone number is already registered as a Twilio number in the account, the system will not make any changes since the business’s calls are already being monitored.
- If the GMB phone number is already set as the forwarding number for any Twilio numbers in the account, the system will relocate the current number to the secondary slot and place the Twilio number in the first slot.
- If none of the Twilio numbers in the account are currently using the phone number in GMB as a forwarding number, the system will perform the following actions: Move the current phone number to the secondary slot, add the Twilio number in the primary slot, and set the current phone number as the forwarding number for the Twilio number in the account.
- If you choose to turn off the toggle, the number(s) will stay the same without any modifications made.