If you are utilizing the updated version (Version 2) of the Website builder, please click the provided link here.
How Authorization Works: Additional Steps and Important Information
By default, authorization for card payments is not enabled in the system. To activate this feature, a few additional steps are required, outlined below.
The system temporarily deducts the specified authorized amount from the client’s bank account during the authorization process. If the account does not have sufficient funds, the client cannot proceed to the next step.
Once the authorization is approved, the system will credit back the authorized amount to the account. If the payment plan includes any Trial days, they will be activated immediately after the card is authorized.
Please be aware that the funds may take up to 5 business days to be returned to the client’s bank account.
It is important to note that authorization only applies to Subscriptions and Payment plans.
- Navigate to the website and locate the section where the order form is located.
- Click on the three dots symbol.
- Click on the “Products” option.
- Click on the Edit icon.
- Click on the option to authorize the card payment.
- Enter the desired dollar amount for the card authorization.
Please take note of the following:
Please note that the amount you specify here will be deducted from the client’s account. If the necessary funds are unavailable, the client cannot proceed with the transaction.
In the given example, the system will deduct “$1” from the client’s account and refund the same amount.
It may take up to 5 business days for the refund process to be completed and for the deducted amount to be returned. This feature is only applicable to subscription and payment plans.
- Select the desired currency from the available options.
- Select USD as the currency for the authorized amount.
- Click on the “Update” button to save the authorized amount and currency changes.
Simply remember to click on the “Update” button, and you’re all set.