Setting up your Twilio Caller ID is a simple way to ensure you have caller ID enabled for incoming calls. This is done through Twilio specifically, as the third party phone provider your system integrates with. There is a cost per request for this service. Check out the steps below for setting this up within your Twilio account:
NOTE: Depending on your access, you may or may not have access to a Twilio account.
- Log in to your Twilio account.
- From your Dashboard, navigate to the top right corner.
- Use the menu dropdown and select “Subaccounts”. Ensure you’re in the correct Subaccount if you have multiple Twilio numbers.
- Once you’ve confirmed you are in the correct account, choose “All Products & Services” from the menu on the left hand side.
- Access the Marketplace > Add-ons.
- Choose the “Twilio Caller Name” add-on. (Make sure the feature is installed/enabled.)
- In the Twilio Caller Name page that opens, check the box Under “USE IN” for “Incoming Voice Call”. You may also select the box for Incoming SMS Message, Lookups, and/or Creating TaskRouter Tasks.
- NOTE: There is a cost per request for this service from Twilio.
- Click Save to confirm your changes.